Sustainability training & CSR Courses
Sustainability courses aim to provide business leaders of all levels with a practical introduction to the concept of sustainability and an exploration of how to apply it to a business through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Course CODE: INT101
Businesses everywhere are responding to the challenge of becoming more sustainable. In doing so, not only are they reducing their impact on the environment, they are seizing an opportunity to increase their business profile.
Sustainability Courses Content:
Individual course will address the following subject areas:
- Linking CSR, Sustainability and Environmental responsibility
– Aligning the principles of CSR and Sustainability
- Why bother with CSR?
– Identifying the forces that drive engagement and implementation of a CSR strategy
- CSR Guidelines, Standards, and Protocols
– Utilising key CSR documents to assist your business
- CSR and the role of stakeholders
– Engaging your stakeholders to take ownership and advocate for CSR
- Tips and techniques for developing a CSR strategy
– Approaching CSR in ways that will suit your business
- Planning and implementing your CSR strategy
– Formulating a step-by-step guide for your business
- CSR Reporting
– Maximising the benefits and avoiding pitfalls
While we recommend that this course be run over a full-day, we aim to tailor it to your specific business and its organisational needs. It can be held in-house, or as part of an open course where candidates can interact with and learn from other organisations with similar goals for CSR.
There is no pre-requisite training required for this course.
Who Should Attend:
This course is primarily aimed at those in leadership roles in a business; directors, supervisors, and managers. It would be especially useful to those with direct responsibility for a company’s sustainability implementation and reporting, as well as those who are looking to increase their organisation’s profile, competitiveness and profitability through CSR.
The course will include a mix of group exercises, break-out discussion groups and presentations. Assessment will be on a formative basis.
It is our objective that on completing this training satisfactorily, participants will be able to do the following:
- Competently discuss the challenges of responding to the need for sustainability
- Explain in simple, clear terms how businesses can adopt CSR principles
- Outline the main reasons and business benefits for implementing CSR
- Demonstrate knowledge of key standards and guidelines for CSR reporting
Other Environment, CSR and Sustainability courses include:
INT101: An Introduction to Sustainability and Environmental responsibility
- Demand from customers and shareholders that a company address environmental and social issues
- What are the key principles and best practices of sustainability?
- What are the core elements of the sustainability business model?
- Increasingly well-informed and actively networked consumers groups and NGOs
- The need for companies to demonstrate genuine CSR credentials to attract higher-skilled employees with a preference for sustainable companies
SUSPL101: Strategic Business and Sustainability courses
- What are the business risks of sustainability?
- What are the benefits of implementing sustainability?
- How do I leverage sustainability to achieve better financing and insurance rates?
- How do I identify and create a sustainable supply chain for my business?
- What are the leading products in green innovation, tools and design?
- What are the main sources of greenhouse gas emissions?
- What do I need to know about emissions trading and the UN emissions trading agreement?
- What do I need to know about the global carbon market?
CSR101: Sustainability Planning and CSR Reporting courses
- What are the key elements of strategic planning for sustainability?
- How do I get my CEO’s approval of sustainability initiatives and bottom-line results?
- How can I calculate my company’s carbon footprint?
- What do I need to know about green building standards and sustainable sourcing practices
- What can my company do to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions?
- What can my company do to improve energy efficiency?
SCH201: Sustainability in Product Design/ Closing the loop/ Cradle to Cradle/ circular economy courses
- What are the essential principles and tools for sustainable design?
- What should I know about life cycle assessment and supply chain auditing?
- What must I know to implement a zero-waste solution in my company?
- What must I know about certification schemes for products and packaging?
EMP101: Employee Engagement, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) courses
- What are the best strategies for community engagement and employee training for CSR?
- What are voluntary standards and codes of conduct I should be aware of?
- What must I know about performance management for sustainable enterprise?
- What should I know about sustainability monitoring and reporting?
SPO201: Marketing Your Sustainability Efforts, Communications and PR courses
- How do I position my company’s sustainability message?
- How do I establish successful strategic partnerships?
- What role can social media play in marketing my company’s sustainability efforts?
- How can I best use the triple bottom line in my company’s messaging?
- How can I best match my company’s message to sustainability-conscious consumers?
To speak to an EMG adviser about your particular requirements regarding sustainability courses, please click here.