In the first place, ESG reporting creates an opportunity to better understand, evaluate, and influence ESG performance. By (consistently) producing a relevant ESG report based on reliable data, an organization enables itself to identify and capitalize on opportunities, while strategically mitigating risk.
Hence, EMG provides a wide range of services to facilitate the process of ESG reporting. We work with organizations of every type, size, and scope; worldwide.
While our services are always tailored to meet the specific needs of the client, our services can be segmented into three general categories:
- Creating a first ESG report (for organizations new to the process)
- Optimizing ESG reporting (for organizations that have already published ESG reports)
ESG reporting provides insight into an organization’s sustainable performance. Significantly, it can reveal valuable opportunities for enhancing social well-being, nurturing the natural environment, and building competitive yet responsible strategies for business growth. In essence, reporting encourages and facilitates progress towards the three pillars of sustainable development: Environmental, Social and Governance performance (ESG).
- Environmental: carbon emissions GHG, water, waste and material management, raw material sourcing, climate change
- Social: diversity, equality and inclusion, training and development, labor management, data privacy and security, community engagement
- Governance: board governance, human rights, business ethics, anti-modern slavery, policies, intellectual property
Altogether, they form a set of standards by which a company and its investors can measure the wider impact of its operations and long-term strategy. Indeed, the terms ‘ESG’ and ‘Sustainability’ are frequently used interchangeably, encompassing concepts comparable to ‘corporate responsibility’ and ‘CSR’.
In conclusion, strategically developed ESG reports not only demonstrate the link between core strategy and commitment to a sustainable economy, but also help forward-thinking organizations to set goals and manage change more effectively, leading to a greater financial and social return on investment.
Our ESG reporting services include but are not limited to:
- Prepararing the sustainability report from A-Z, or as a coach/ project manager
- Determining which ESG factors to select and how (materiality assessment)
- Guiding the process of implementing a specific reporting standard or rating framework
- Carbon footprinting (GHG, Scope 1,2,3)
- Measuring particular emissions, site-inspecting (specialist support)
- Reviewing and analysing ESG data to identify new opportunities and threats (including GAP analysis)
- Employee training for data collection, evaluation, and reporting
- Collecting data, value mapping, impact assessment
- Pre-auditing or auditing ESG data
- Guiding issuers in preparing ESG reports
- Designing compliance frameworks
- Measuring Social Return On Investment (SROI)
- Creating reporting strategies
and factors, when integrated well deliver long-term performance advantages.