EMG consultants have been pro-bono guest speakers at colleges and universities in a growing range of countries across the Middle East and Europe. To name a few:
- Amman Arab University, Jordan
- British University in Dubai, UAE
- Canadian University of Dubai, UAE
- Dar Al-Hekma University, Saudi Arabia
- University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Middle East University, Jordan
- Qatar University, Qatar
We acknowledge that a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to Sustainability & CSR reporting is not always relevant or practical in every local context, and we recognize the value in reporting in a manner which is impact-oriented and culturally-responsive.
Therefore, with and for organizations across all sectors in the Islamic world, we established the Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI). The IRI is an independent, not-for-profit organization leading the creation of the world’s first mainstream reporting framework for Corporate Sustainability & Social Responsibility based on Islamic principles and values. EMG provided an initial grant of USD 100k.
Founded in 2015, first-year achievements include:
- Commended by the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Commended by the United Nations Global Compact Foundation
- Praised by leading CSR and Sustainability experts worldwide
- Featured in newspapers, magazines, television and radio worldwide
- Contributor to the Thomson Reuters Annual Review of the Islamic Economy
- Membership base in more than 50 countries
“The OIC is dedicated to preserving and promoting Islamic values of peace, equality, human dignity, and environmental prosperity. The IRI, in its journey towards making business responsible through the application of CSR and CSR reporting, has many values aligned with our own. The OIC commends the IRI in its efforts in promoting economic, social and environmental prosperity in a manner that is not only impact-oriented and sustainable, but culturally relevant and responsive.”
Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
Second-largest inter-governmental organization after the United Nations
For more information about the IRI, please visit www.islamicreporting.org.