Who Should Attend:
Participants in this course will grow a much deeper understanding of the environmental and economic value of sustainability, and how to develop a strategic, tangible plan for taking the sustainability agenda of their business forward. Course CODE: SUSPL101
Generating value from sustainability
Sustainability, as a strategic part of a successful business model, is rapidly gaining traction as a core driver of performance and success for an increasing number of sectors and industries.
More than ever, forward-thinking companies are realizing the vital importance of moving beyond simple environmental compliance and cost management principles, and evolving their business models to address the growing complexities of CSR and sustainable development.
Numerous issues now face today’s CSR professional, including:
- The ever growing scarcity of raw materials, water and energy
- Consumer distrust of corporations, alongside increased consumer awareness of the purchase process
- Increasingly well-informed and actively networked consumers groups and NGOs
- The need for companies to demonstrate genuine CSR credentials to attract higher-skilled employees with a preference for sustainable companies
- Customers and shareholders demanding that a company simultaneously address environmental and social issues
This course will teach participants about the management of environmental and social issues, with the goal of generating greater economic value for a company.
It will give practical guidance in developing fully sustainable products and services, building sustainable relationships between consumers, stakeholders and governments, as well as generating greater capability and capacity for your brand’s growth.
Benefits from attendanceto the Environmental Strategy Training
Through this course, you will:
- Learn how to approach sustainability in such a way that will build long-term economic value and generate lasting competitive advantage
- Grow in your understanding of the key environmental and social drivers that will affect the economic opportunities and risks for your business
- Understand how these drivers affect specific sectors and industries
- Learn how to build a compelling and detailed business case for CSR
- Understand best practices in design for CSR – themes, guidelines, frameworks – and case studies on what works and what doesn’t
- Learn from companies that are leading their industries in CSR
- Learn about the resources that are there for your benefit, how to access them and which organisations can help your company achieve its goals
- Create an action plan for your business to help promote your CSR strategy internally
While we recommend that this course be run over a full-day, we aim to tailor it to your specific business and its organizational needs. It can be held in-house, or as part of an open course where candidates can interact with and learn from other organizations with similar goals for CSR.
Who Should Attend:
This course is aimed at those in leadership roles in a business; directors, supervisors, and managers. It would be especially useful to those with direct responsibility for a company’s sustainability implementation and reporting, as well as those who are looking to increase their organisation’s profile, competitiveness and profitability through CSR.
The course will include a mix of group exercises, break-out discussion groups and presentations. Assessment will be on a formative basis.
To speak to an EMG adviser about your particular requirements, please contact us.